> Why must people's egos get in the way of common sense in our business as
> in so many?  Like Microsoft, it appears that Apache.org just wants to
> control everything - and that's just such a lamentable motivation,
> whether held by Microsoft or Apache.org.

Actually it appears to me that Apache is attempting to provide an
alternative and/or complimentary product to JBoss.
This potential increase in consumer choice seems to me to be diametrically
opposed to the Microsoft tactics you allude to.
As far as I can ascertain there is no ill will being directed at JBoss or
any other organisation, Open Source or commercial, by this move.
Rather it would seem that what negativity is around is being directed at
this project before it has even got off the ground, released a single design
document, a charter, or any code whatsoever.

d.