Open source projects typically solve a problem not addressed by commercial vendors, even if the problem is just the price being charged for the commercial solution. Yet we already have a very popular, open-source J2EE container in JBoss.

Why must people's egos get in the way of common sense in our business as in so many? Like Microsoft, it appears that Apache.org just wants to control everything - and that's just such a lamentable motivation, whether held by Microsoft or Apache.org.

How about swallowing your pride, giving up your aspirations of controlling every popular, open-source, significant project, and just embrace JBoss with support, MBean development, etc.?

Frankly, I'm just dismayed by the Geronimo project and the pettiness of the egos driving Apache.org.

Jack Frosch