Hmmm...this type of reasoning always amuses me. Perhaps everyone should just
give up and join Microsoft.

Jack Frosch wrote:

> Open source projects typically solve a problem not addressed by
> commercial vendors, even if the problem is just the price being charged
> for the commercial solution. Yet we already have a very popular,
> open-source J2EE container in JBoss.
>
> Why must people's egos get in the way of common sense in our business as
> in so many?  Like Microsoft, it appears that Apache.org just wants to
> control everything - and that's just such a lamentable motivation,
> whether held by Microsoft or Apache.org.
>
> How about swallowing your pride, giving up your aspirations of
> controlling every popular, open-source, significant project, and just
> embrace JBoss with support, MBean development, etc.?
>
> Frankly, I'm just dismayed by the Geronimo project and the pettiness of
> the egos driving Apache.org.
>
> Jack Frosch

Richard Monson-Haefel
Author of J2EE Web Services (Addison-Wesley 2003)
Author of Enterprise JavaBeans, 3rd Edition  (O'Reilly 2001)
Co-Author of Java Message Service (O'Reilly 2000)
http://www.Monson-Haefel.com