Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:00:57 -0400
"Noel J. Bergman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Judging from the move we made with james, CVS was easy.  ezmlm a bit more
involved, but our users seemed to find us easily enough when the list
address changed from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Moving the web site was easy.

I'd like to oppose this. (Sorry)

I'd like us to all step back and take a look at the bigger picture.

Apparently, the root of this is a statement that something about the incubation process of Lenya raised hackles. I suggest that there may be multiple root causes for this.

Putting incubator as a part of the name is a form of disclaimer. One that is relatively expensive. I, too, would rather we explore cheaper alternatives before we decided to require this for every project.

It seems to me a disclaimer on the website, perhaps also in the root directory of the associated CVS trees, and a process which prevents any official "release" to be created by projects in incubation should be more than sufficient.

- Sam Ruby