Greg Stein wrote:

But what pisses me off the most is that I raised this about wsrp4j a
couple weeks ago, but it wasn't fixed.

Aha, Okay. I think that the folks in wsrp4j just did not know how to do. It happens all the time. People should not blame ones' ignorance.

Agreed. And I raised the point two weeks ago, noting that Apache Lenya also missed out on the disclaimer and that raised hackles. That it was best for all incubated projects to insert some text about their status within the disclaimer.

But if NOTHING is done after two weeks, then it is no longer about
ignorance, but about failure to let people know about the projects' actual
status. A completely different matter.

Nurturing, caring attitudes would be required, for catching the developers' heart. ;-)

Good point. My post was more aimed at the people who are shepherding the project (e.g. Sam) rather than the developers. IMO, Sam should know better, and should have fixed this long ago.

Let me turn this around. You note a problem with a prior project. You posit a solution that you assert would prevent the problem in future projects.

What have you done to incorporate this into the process or even bring it forward for a vote?

- Sam Ruby