I like the idea.

so +1 (non-binding)

but how should that really work?

<snip>
Each incubator project could have nominated
two or three PMC members whose job is to pay attention to the project.
</snip>

How does a podling know which to nominate etc?

The need for that is there, of course. I try to do the best I can
(as committer and my "Apache background") to help on the adffaces
(trinidad) podling.

Some questions are still there.
Mostly I ask this list on it.
Thanks,