You summarized my thoughts exactly :-)

Martijn

On 7/31/06, Gwyn Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'll start by saying I'm not deeply involved in the roadmap plans, so
pay more attention to the other devs, but this seems a possible
position to me, i.e.
   All source hosted at ASF, lists & web moved to ASF.
   - 1.2.x
     Continue in maintainance/bug-fix mode
     'wicket.*' package name
     'wicket-1.2.x' jar names, etc
     SF-hosted releases?
   - 1.3
     Developed (basically 1.2+ some new features from HEAD (2.x))
     'wicket.*' package name
     'wicket-incubating-1.3.x' jar names, etc
     ASF-hosted releases?
   - 2.x
     Primary development branch
     'org.apache.wicket.*' package name
     'wicket-incubating-2.x' jar names, etc
     ASF-hosted releases

  Thoughts?
/Gwyn

On 31/07/06, Niclas Hedhman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 31 July 2006 07:27, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> > This way the old branch will still be "supported".
> > But none of the users should expect that the new features will be
> > ported back to the old releases.
>
> And perhaps even incubate the 1.3, in case there are strong enough interest to
> keep developing the 1.x line. That would give signals to the user community
> that the 1.x will continue and be actively supported under the same home.
>
> And that only some bug fixing point releases are made in 1.2.x to avoid
> scaring off sensitive users (like myself --- just kidding).
>

> Cheers
> Niclas

Download Wicket 1.2.1 now! Embed Wicket components in your portals!
-- http://wicketframework.org