Yoav

I have to say I think you have given a very good analysis. I think
that QPid has come a huge way towards Apacheness. Diversity is not as
great as it could be but meets the Incubator criteria. I support the
QPid graduation because I think that QPid is doing the right things in
the right way, and I have offered to join the PPMC to continue
offering advice in the future.

Paul

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Yoav Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 4:19 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Carl Trieloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  >  At this point the Apache Qpid community with support from its mentors
> > feels that
>  >  >  it is ready to graduate to an official top level project at Apache
>  >

> >  but another voice asks: are they really ready today? has the IPMC
>  >  fully equipped them for the chanlleges ahead? do they really
>  >  understand how to mentor new independent developers into committers
>  >  and PMCers? is the diversity sufficient to have learnt how to have
>  >  disagreements on technical matters whilst retaining community spirit?
>
>  It's a hard call for me as well.  The technical bits are all there,
>  processes followed, paperwork filed, etc.  More importantly, the qpid
>  community has been open, receptive to feedback from everyone inside
>  and outside their group, welcoming to new opinions from new people,
>  and respectful of ASF spirit, not just its letter.  There are
>  disagreements and debates on various technical matters without hurting
>  the community.  That's why I support their graduation.
>
>  It would have been really nice if one or two more committers from new
>  organizations had been added during the previous few months, but that
>  didn't happen.  But I don't think the fact the committers come from a
>  small set of organizations necessarily means there's no diversity.
>  And I don't want to introduce artificial requirements.  The "are they
>  really ready" question is subjective by definition, and it's a good
>  one, but I still vote +1 ;)
>
>  Yoav

Paul Fremantle
Apache Synapse PMC Chair