Matthieu,

On Sunday 23 March 2008, Matthieu Riou wrote:
> Robert Godfrey doesn't seem to be working for either company. I also
> haven't found any affiliation for Rupert Ls Smith but you seem to be
> pretty good at finding them so maybe you (or somebody else) have an
> idea? Both have been committing regularly and recently.

Unfortunately, the link to the amqp.0-10.pdf:
https://jira.amqp.org/confluence/download/attachments/720900/amqp.0-10.pdf?version=1
seems to be down right now.   The pdf lists both Godfrey and Smith as
JPMC.

The source for that section of the PDF, however, can be seen at:
https://svn.amqp.org/amqp/trunk/amqp_spec/preface.xml

Thus, from that, it looks like while working on/reviewing the AMQP spec,
they do represent JPMC.  Since qpid is implementing the AMQP spec......

Now,that said, that list could be out of date.  They might no longer have
any affiliation with JPMC.  A couple of the IONA folks listed no longer
work for IONA so it's quite possible.   I can only report what I see.
I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.  That said, both are recent additions to
the list (they aren't in the 0-9 version, but are in the latest 0-10
version).

> There are also a few Iona developers and one WSO2 guy (sorry Paul, I'm
> not counting you ;) ) on the initial proposal, did they stop working
> on the project?

Pretty much.  I know Vinoski was committing some stuff (mostly maven
build system stuff that has since been ripped out) but specifically
stopped when he left IONA.  I also was helping with Maven related
questions/issues (I subscribe to qpid-dev) until the maven stuff was
removed.   Not sure about the other IONA folks.

Dan

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]