All,

If I have understood correctly the legal process which we've followed to
join the Apache project, then I am 'legally independent' as are several of
the other Qpid committers under discussion, as I have signed an ICLA and am
personally responsible/liable for all of my contributions to Qpid.

If this is not the spirit of the rule then I think it'd be better stated in
different terms to make it clearer and this debate less subjective perhaps.

For what its worth, Qpid has attracted several other independent committers
since project inception. Somewhat unfortunately, after making significant
contribution, they're all tied up with their 'day job' commitments at the
moment (from the pre-graduation karma discussions on our list).

Speaking of the Apache way, I don't much enjoy being singled out for
personal discussion. The position of some of the committers on this project
is, by necessity, what it is. It's not some Machiavellian attempt to subvert
the process, truly.

We're all trying to work together on a worthwhile project which we know
people are able to get benefit from.

Regards,
Marnie
Qpid Team