I am not going to argue this either way, as this is mostly subjective. I will point out that Qpid does have a steady stream of people that are not associated with any of the existing committiers including some new folks starting to provide patches as recently as last week. This would indicate to me that the Qpid comminuty will continue to grow. Thank you for your consideration in our Graduation.

regards
Carl

Scott Deboy wrote:
I would expect to see proof of qpid's ability to grow their committership and
build a user community before leaving the incubator.  There's no track record
of either at the moment.

According to incubator-general mail archives, qpid voted in 4 committers since
April of 2007.  Additionally, those folks don't appear active on the qpid
developer list.

The 'diversity' question was partially answered, but it's still a concern for me.
I imagine it'll be hard to attract new folks to qpid when they're mostly
corporate-sponsored, and some of those sponsorships -can't- be transparent to
the ASF.  They'll probably be able to attract committers, but the new
committers will probably come from other corporate sponsors.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201