sebb wrote:
On 11/04/2008, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Daniel Kulp wrote:

On Friday 11 April 2008, Thilo Goetz wrote:

Indeed, but see also:

http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn-config
These conventions are generally used by Java projects, e.g. all of
Commons.

Yes, and they don't work for us, as I pointed out earlier.

There are also settings in there that I find rather doubtful.  What
is the point of having eol-style for .bat files set to native?

So a unix person can edit it without leaving lines that don't have the
cr/lf (or have to see ^M marks all over the place).   I do all kinds of
edits to bat files from my Linux box.  However, if they get committed with
"mixed" styles, some versions of windows complain loudly when you try to run
them.
 Ok, I'll take your word for it ;-)

 So how do you handle releases, as I asked in a different mail
 in this thread?  If you now extract the code on unix, you have
 .bat files with unix eol chars.  I don't think the windows shell
 handles that.  Same for .sh files, just the other way around.
 I'm sure people have a solution for that, but I don't see it.

use eol-style: LF for .sh and CRLF for .bat/.cmd

Right, that's what we're doing.  Dan on the other hand is
recommending using eol-style:native, because he wants to
edit .bat files on unix.  And this is also the setting in
svn config that you pointed to above, btw.  We may have
entered a loop here, not quite sure yet.

--Thilo