----- Original Message ----

At one point or another I thought that might be an improvement.  Having
seen how many podling releases fail to pass the vote on gene...@incubator
has me thinking otherwise.  Until the gene...@incubator votes are little
more than rubber stamps of the votes conducted on the podling's dev list, I
wouldn't be in favor of such a change.

> - make complying with "best practices" a graduation requirement not a
> release requirement

This sounds silly as complying with best practices is neither a graduation
requirement nor a release requirement.  It's simply a good idea, and in
the project's best interests to do so, because it is a precondition for
getting +1's from several IPMC members.