On 2 June 2011 22:42, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:

The existing of TDF and the preference of its contributors for
> copyleft is data, but for me it's not data that could persuade me to
> vote -1 in this PMC. I don't care if there are 5,000 people out there
> who are firmly planning to stick to TDF like glue. I care if there are
> 10 or 20 who are prepared to take this on.

But you probably make it more likely that you will get your 10-20 and more
if you don't unnecessarily alienate those who have put a lot of time and
effort into OOo in the past. In addition, if we want a thriving open source
office project it makes sense to treat those involved with some sensitivity
because hopefully everyone will work together constructively in the future.

Personally, I also prefer to be lenient about launching podlings and