I took a look at the svn source and the binary artifact and have some
additional comments.

1) Your svn contains a number of jar files. I don't believe that the
LICENSE/NOTICE file properly reflects the license/notice requirements of these
jar files.
2) Why are these jars being stored in your svn at all?
3) Your LICENSE file only includes the ALv2 license. Yet your binary artifact
(and your source) include artifacts with non-ALv2 licenses. For instance
jopt-simple is MIT. All of the relevant licenses need to be included in your
LICENSE file. You have the SCALA license in the notice file. I would expect it
to be in the LICENSE file
4) Your NOTICE file includes lot's of "This product includes X, developed by
X.org" Your notice file should only include notices that you are *required* to
have. Don't include acknowledgements in your notice file just for completeness.
Furthermore, when a notice is required, make sure it is accurate. For instance,
ALv2 requires that you include a readable copy of the notices in the NOTICE
file. If there isn't a NOTICE file, you should not provide a "notice".
joda-time-1.6.jar includes a NOTICE file. It's content is:
"This product includes software developed by
Joda.org (http://www.joda.org/)."
That's what needs to be included in your NOTICE file. For differently licensed
artifacts, you need to follow the requirements of their licenses.
BTW, it looks like hadoop and pig projects are distributing jars without
license/notice files?
5) Your source/binary don't have a DISCLAIMER. An incubation disclaimer is
required.

--kevan