On 23 November 2011 05:17, Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm happy to announce that Lucene.Net 2.9.4-incubating-RC3 is available and
> ready for your testing and voting.
>

> Release candidate artifacts:
> http://people.apache.org/~pnasser/Lucene.Net/2.9.4-incubating-RC3/

The source archive is missing several chunks of what is in the SVN tag.

None of the following directory trees are in the source archive:

branding/
docs/
lib/

Are none of these needed for building/testing the software?

If they are purely for building the web-site, then maybe that would be
cleaner as a separate SVN tree.

> SVN tag revision:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/tags/Lucene.Net_2_9_4_RC3/

The SVN tag contains lots of .exe files under the lib tree.
Is it *really* necessary for these to be in SVN?

For example, Gallio appears to be a test framework for NET.
Projects that use a Java test framework such as JUnit don't normally
include JUnit in their SVN, they just document it as a pre-requisite
or fetch it at run-time if necessary.

Similarly for the other .exe files.