On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 08:18:49PM +0000, ant elder wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
> > Not as frustrating as putting up a release candidate which twists in the
> > wind
> > for weeks waiting for a IPMC member to review because Mentors are awol!  The
> > few individuals who do this thankless work on a regular basis are crucial to
> > the functioning of the Incubator, and are doing far more than their share to
> > make up for a collective failure.
>
> If something is waiting for weeks then send reminder emails about it.
> Its easy to miss things and if a couple of days go past with all the
> email traffic they drop way off the bottom of a screen full of emails.
> Heck if even a couple of days go past start sending reminder emails
> every day.

The one project I am involved with in the Incubator (Lucy) is fortunate to
have a full contigent of engaged Mentors.  One of our release votes took a
couple weeks, but the timing of that release wasn't a big deal and we chose to
be patient.  Every time we have needed our Mentors, they have come through for
us.

On behalf of the many podlings whose releases candidates you've reviewed in
the past, though, and on behalf of the others who will need such review in the
future -- thank you.

Marvin Humphrey