Hi,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> It is not helpful to have a number of directors contradicting each
> other on general@, never coming to consensus.  In fact, its maddening.

I see no indication of this escalating into a board issue, so I don't
see why the voices of directors should carry any more weight than
those of other experienced members of our community. Or why they for
some reason should agree more with each other than the rest of us do.
Instead I'd find it odd if the directors came here with a common
voice, implying that the board has already collectively decided what
we should do.

The IPMC is perfectly capable (in its own sometimes messy way) to deal
with this issue. In fact the board has explicitly delegated the
responsibility of "acceptance and oversight of new products  submitted
or proposed to become part of the Foundation" to the IPMC.

BR,

Jukka Zitting