On 1/10/2012 3:50 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> The IPMC is perfectly capable (in its own sometimes messy way) to deal
> with this issue. In fact the board has explicitly delegated the
> responsibility of "acceptance and oversight of new products  submitted
> or proposed to become part of the Foundation" to the IPMC.

Not if there is a foundation-wide policy, we aren't.  The IPMC can no
more violate our rules on accepting forks than it can accept GPL'ed
projects, without the board revisiting policy.

This is not G v. R arguing we should or shouldn't accept forks, this
is G v. R arguing that a foundation-wide policy already exists.  Let
the board square it up.  If the answer is 'depends', then you are right,
incubator would have been the committee to weight those conditions.