On 21.08.2012 12:52, sebb wrote:
> I think the NOTICE problems are serious enough to warrant a respin.

This is an unreasonable request. The IPMC voted on the 3.4.0 release.
The notice file has not changed between 3.4.0 and 3.4.1. How then do you
justify this new requirement?

It is not fair to the podling if the IPMC invents new requirements and
reverses its own decisions for no apparent reason. This NOTICE issue
certainly shouldn't be ground for vetoing a release.

By the way, the same holds for binaries being included in the releases.
The 3.4.0 release, with binaries, was approved. If the podling did not
change its release procedures and policies and artefacts in the
meantime, it's not reasonable to hold up what amounts to a security
release solely based on the IPMC having screwed up the previous release
vote.

It is fair to require changes for the next release. It's not fair to use
different criteria for two successive, essentially identical releases.
(N.B.: I use the term "essentially identical" in the sense that, whilst
some of the sources have changed, the overall structure of the release
artefacts has not.)

-- Brane