On Nov 25, 2012, at 7:33 PM, Eric Yang wrote:

> Hi IPMC,
>
> For the past two years, Chukwa has been labelled as non-active project by
> mentors, and has been put on votes for retiring this project by mentor and
> IPMC.
> In this year's stats, Chukwa has more activities in comparison to Apache
> Wink in both mailing list traffic and resolved jiras.  Yet Chukwa has been
> voted to discontinue by mentors, but Wink is voted to graduate  by the same
> mentor. Here are the number of mails showed up in dev list between Apache
> Chukwa and Apache Wink:

Since I am the mentor that started the retirement vote on the podling I will
explain my perspective.

What it comes down to is actual diverse activity.  For me, the overwhelming
bulk of the work for Chukwa was being done by one person.  While looking at the
raw numbers the two projects seem similar, if you scrub the threads where we
discuss whether or not to retire Chukwa and also look at who's doing the actual
work, it seems to me that the two projects are not exactly the same.

Regards,
Alan