On May 8, 2013, at 5:16 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> ...I continue to hope for consensus on the thing I wrote...
>
> I had another look at
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BensonApril2013ProcessProposals and I
> like it.
>
> While asking all podlings to confirm their current champion (which
> your proposal implicitly requires) we might add Alan's proposal to
> "fire all mentors", or rather just ask them to reconfirm their current
> commitments, either just once or as an annual spring cleaning
> operation. Do that, remove inactive mentors and see where that leaves
> existing podlings.

I am against watering down the role of the mentors.  What this proposal is
basically results in is doing away multiple mentors for a podling and whittling
it down to one mentor whose name is now champion.  Clearly not the way to go.

Let's ask ourselves, if each podling had two active mentors, what problems
would be left for the Incubator?  Not a whole heck of a lot.

Regards,
Alan