On Oct 3, 2013 12:52 PM, "Joseph Schaefer" <joe_schae...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> e.g. how to vote properly
> on personnel issues, and that should entirely suffice. Even Greg
> doesn't seem to know what consensus voting means in this context,

Really, Joe? Why did you throw that in? I know what consensus voting is. I
also know some PMCs allow vetoes when adding new members. That was the
point of my prior email: you are right that committership is done by
consensus across the ASF, but that doesn't strictly hold for PMC
membership. I think Roy phrased it once as "I am allowed to veto/refuse to
work with that person. They are free to copy the codebase and establish a
community of people willing to work with that person."

Cheers,
-g