Really, Greg? Can't you tell you're not using the same
language I am, but I'm using the actual documentation?
Please see

http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary#ConsensusApproval

and see how it jives with what you are saying.  Personnel
votes are always subject to veto, even committership, when
we're talking about the httpd project.