On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Certainly this is being addressed and fixed in the current 1.0.1
> release thread...

Indeed.

> So why is something 2 months old such a bee in your bonnet right now?

I chose to highlight the Allura situation because it illustrates that IPMC
release vote scarcity can strike your podling at any time regardless of how
virtuous and healthy it is.  If it can happen to Allura, a podling with
fabulous contributors and outrageously qualified Mentors, it can happen to
anyone.

I could have instead cited other lengthy release votes: VXQuery (over a month
now and still waiting), ODF Toolkit (20 days), Droids (probably the all-time
record holder), Bloodhound (so frustrating that Brane coded up the voting
monitor), ManifoldCF...  but none of those podlings boasted Allura's all-star
Mentor lineup.

The point was to pick a podling with Mentors whose dedication to the ASF was
unassailable ("AWOL Mentors" don't attend Board meetings!) because then nobody
could blame the delay on insufficient Mentor dedication.  I don't think it's a
bad thing that podling core developers are inherently more invested in their
projects than Mentors -- it's just a fact of life that we ought to accommodate
ourselves to.  Vote scarcity is not the fault of any one Mentor, or any group
of Mentors -- it's just a phenomenon which is *guaranteed* to happen some of
the time because the Incubator is structurally flawed.

Still, because my point was awkwardly crafted, I wound up singling out the
Allura team in a negative context.  I apologize for my clumsiness.

Marvin Humphrey