On 12 Jul 2014, at 8:05, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:18 AM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As i've said i don't think thats a
>> very good rule and doesn't seem like its really been thought through
>> properly. For example, its kept saying that the podling would go to
>> the ASF Attic but the Attic is only for TLPs so retired podlings don't
>> go there.
>
> That's actually the part of the thread that I have a lot of interest in.
> Is there any reason not to use attic for hibernated podlings?

I am not sure if there is a real reason, but maybe its because the attic
currently contains only "real" ASF projects where all legal things were
sorted out.

With a podling coming in this might not be the case. We would need to
check back with the Attic people if they can handle this.

Otherwise I don't see a reason why we shouldn't use the attic, imho
its the reason why its there.

>> How about before adding a new rule to the policy page we just try it
>> with a few of the old podlings first to see what happens and from that
>> find what sort of rule might work?
>
> That would be fine too.

Roman, would you mind to create an update patch and send it around
here for some kind of discussing/voting? Then we would see how people feel.
I think this thread is already to big to get the right attention.

Thanks!

> Thanks,
> Roman.

---