On 12/19/2014 02:20 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) wrote:
1. Incubation yes, Incubator no
   a. (all Incubator documentation, active folks, etc., become part of the
pool of [incoming project VP])
   b. IPMC is dissolved
   c. We create a new “Incubation PMC” that includes most active members of
Incubator currently (those who are good at reviewing releases; watching
projects,
etc.)

2. All incoming projects are proposed directly as pTLPs (provisional
TLPs)
   - provisional part is defined as:
    a. 3 members of new Incubation PMC from #1c
assigned as PMC and potentially VP of incoming project
    b. PMC += all incoming folks from proposal
    c. board VOTEs to approve incoming projects
    d. project retirement happens same as it currently does, with Attic
support

To me this would solve the problem of AWOL or mentors who don’t sign off.
Mentoring happens via new Incubation PMC who are assigned
to the PMCs of incoming pTLPs. Project VP is either one of those
Incubation PMC
members, or via Ross’s suggestion below, the most active person
or “Champion” of the incoming project. The health of these projects are
monitored
by the Incubation PMC and reported on monthly directly to the board
instead of hidden
inside the Incubator report each month, without sign off. All of the other
problems
would seem to go away too IMO.

Hmm. I need to read this a few more times and try to figure out what this changes. Initially, it sounds like renaming some things. Since I know you're guy that thinks about these things deeply, I'm obviously missing something. Can you point me to a thread where this was discussed in more detail?

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon