On 12/19/2014 02:20 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) wrote:
What it would do however if we simply did away with the notion of the
IPMC/Incubator/etc., is to return to the notion of pTLPs which were
proposed earlier which I would most wholeheartedly support.

Having read more, and understood more, and consumed more coffee ...

I wonder if we might implement this proposal with one incoming project, as a test, under close observation by the board and the IPMC? Might be seen as grossly unfair by the project that remain in the old regime (or, who knows, maybe also by the test project), but it might give us some deeper insight into whether this fixes anything?

--Rich

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon