Hi Geertjan

I'm registred at NetBeams now, to get a closer look at the project. I
was a bit shocked about the similarities with the formar
OpenOffice.org project. The structure of the Project, the workflow
etc. are so close to the OpenOffice.org project, much closer as I
expected. My biggest fear for the incubation is not the technical
aspect. For infrastructure we will find solutions, and for many
problems exist already blueprints from the OpenOffice Project. My
biggest fear ist the community. As I saw on the NetBeans ML, the
decision to join the ASF was made by Oracle. Well a load of the
community members welcome this step, but there are also fears. This
fears has to be addressed, this is very very important.

One Mail also complained about the Initial Committer list. Are all
active committers who did commit in the last 6 month (or so) on the
initial committer list. forgotten people can create bad blood and
disappointment. The committers are the most value part of a project.

This are at the moment my biggest concerns.

Regards Raphael