Le 19/09/16 à 13:10, Raphael Bircher a écrit :
> Hi Geertjan
>
> I'm registred at NetBeams now, to get a closer look at the project. I
> was a bit shocked about the similarities with the formar
> OpenOffice.org project. The structure of the Project, the workflow
> etc. are so close to the OpenOffice.org project, much closer as I
> expected. My biggest fear for the incubation is not the technical
> aspect. For infrastructure we will find solutions, and for many
> problems exist already blueprints from the OpenOffice Project. My
> biggest fear ist the community. As I saw on the NetBeans ML, the
> decision to join the ASF was made by Oracle. Well a load of the
> community members welcome this step, but there are also fears. This
> fears has to be addressed, this is very very important.
Can you list the feares you want to be addressed ?

> One Mail also complained about the Initial Committer list. Are all
> active committers who did commit in the last 6 month (or so) on the
> initial committer list. forgotten people can create bad blood and
> disappointment. The committers are the most value part of a project.
>
> This are at the moment my biggest concerns.

It's up to the current committers to ask to be included in this list.
This happens for every single project with more than a few committers
that is being incubating.

The rational being that committers who haven't been active for a certain
period of time are likely to be not anymore interested in the project.
That's fine, nobody should be included if they don't care anymore, but
we should include anyone who has participated in the past and want to be
part of the incubating project. It's realy a no brainer.