All,

I'm planning to start committing a number of website changes.  These
changes are a summary of my experience bootstrapping podlings, questions
I've received (both on and off mailing list) from people trying to do
setup, and ways to leverage new infra services.

Here's a summary of the current changes:

Mentor Guide: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html

This is the most substantial area changed.  The page has been reordered to
list the steps to take in the order to take them.  The current format has
it all over and makes it hard to follow when you should do what.  In
addition, I've added links to reporeq, Incubator ML requests, and
lists.apache.org

PPMC Guide http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

I added a section clarifying binding votes within the PPMC, stating that
they're only binding for people issues, not releases.

Proposal Guide http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html

I updated the champion section to clarify that champion should be found at
the beginning of proposal formation, which is earlier than the current
"before submitted" step.  I also clarified that the champion's role is
around the proposal and entering the incubator, separate from mentors
(something we had agreed to a while ago, but was missing in this guide).

Graduation Guide http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

Added a link to the Maturity Model as a step to follow for graduation.

I plan to commit these changes later today, and make more changes soon to
keep more documents up to date.

John