One way to make The Guide clearer is to make The Policy more accurate.
As it is, The Policy is contradicted in various other places on the
lists or in the guide or in practice, so as a person who is trying to
understand what incubation and graduation are really like, The Policy
doesn't read as "The Policy" but as a single unreliable source in a
tangled web of practice and theory that includes The Guide.

Consider this single snippet from The Policy:

"Release plans are developed and excuted[sic] in public by the community.
(requirement on minimum number of such releases?)
Note: incubator projects are not permitted to issue an official
Release. Test snapshots (however good the quality) and Release plans
are OK.
Engagement by the incubated community with the other ASF communities,
particularly infrastructure@ (this reflects my personal bias that
projects should pay an nfrastructure[sic] "tax")."

Line 2 is a question. Who wrote it? What is the answer? Why is there
an embedded question in The Policy at all?

Line 3 seems contrary to actual practice.

Line 4 includes "my personal bias". Whose bias is that? Is that bias
now policy, or is it still just a personal opinion?