From: Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 7:24 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Voting on releases with serious unaddressed issues

Hi,

The  Netbeans RC is an interesting one as they:
- Have made several releases before.
- Have been given advice from the IPMC on serious issues and what to fix.
- Looks like nothing has been done to correct those issues.

Now I know we’re trying to be more lenient on releases but we still have to
draw the line somewhere and this is not their first release. The the binary in
source code, license issues copyright issues on the cute cat and rabbit photos
[1] probably mean that they cannot put that release in the ASF distribution
area even if they do get 3 +1s without legal and infra approval.

What do other IPMC members think?

Thanks,
Justin

1. Curiously this is the second time I’ve vote -1 because of a cat photo taken
by a professional photographer has been included in a source release