From: Myrle Krantz
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 3:00 AM
Subject: Re: Voting on releases with serious unaddressed issues
To: general@incubator.apache.org

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 9:11 AM Ross Gardler <rgard...@outlook.com> wrote:

> As for not enough votes i refer you to Roy's suggestion on board@.
> Essentially votes don't need to be from IPMC members.

Hey Ross,

A.) That was a suggestion and not a statement about how the incubator
currently operates.  If you want to change the way the incubator currently
operates, please put it up for discussion.  Preferably on a public list.
B.) While the person you're replying to can see Roy's suggestion, not
everyone on this list can.  Not even all of the IPMC members can in fact.
If you want to make a suggestion to the way we work in the incubator,
please include both the suggested change AND the arguments where they can
be seen by the IPMC.  Who the idea or the arguments are originally from
isn't directly relevant to the merits of the proposal, but in general I
wouldn't appeal to Roy's authority here, since he hasn't, to my knowledge,
given permission to put his words in public.

Best Regards,
Myrle