On Fri, Mar 29, 2019, 22:34 Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The  Netbeans RC is an interesting one as they:
> - Have made several releases before.
> - Have been given advice from the IPMC on serious issues and what to fix.
> - Looks like nothing has been done to correct those issues.
>
> Now I know we’re trying to be more lenient on releases but we still have
> to draw the line somewhere and this is not their first release. The the
> binary in source code, license issues copyright issues on the cute cat and
> rabbit photos [1] probably mean that they cannot put that release in the
> ASF distribution area even if they do get 3 +1s without legal and infra
> approval.
>
> What do other IPMC members think?

Interestingly though there is a Jira issue related to these items of which
you speak, and there has been mentor input on them; have you covered these
with our mentors as an example? This thread seems a little (maybe quite)
premature; maybe some disconnect. This discussion actually seems more
appropriate in the NetBeans channels, and in fact please see the referenced
issues and comments in those channels including release 10 and the one this
is related to, 11, where addressing these issues has been specifically
discussed with you Justin.

Thanks

Wade