On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 4:14 AM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> > release policy to something that **is not a Foundation release**
>
> But don’t these releases become foundation releases when the IPMC vote on
> them?

Why should they? The vote is to make a podling release.

> They do not need to conform to the Foundation’s policy.
>
> If you could point me to where this is documented, that would be great.

Point me to where you are not allowed to make non-official podling releases
that conform to Incubator policy.

I don't have a pointer to your request, nor one to my request. Just get on
with it. I think you're getting too hung up on "rules", rather than what
the Incubator should be about. And part of that is recognizing that
projects are in transition, and cannot meet the Foundation release policy
on Day One. Yet we also want to demonstrate to podlings what/how to make a
release. Throw on a disclaimer that the podling release is not a Foundation
release (already being done!) and you're good to go. Bob's your uncle.

If it is disturbing you greatly, then codify the position as IPMC policy
somewhere, and include a link in your next Board report. I seriously doubt
the Board will take issue. It is the stance that I've always understood for
the Incubator. Podlings are in a transitional state and are *not* part of
the Foundation.

Cheers,
-g