HI,

>   But it is up to any TLP.

I wouldn't go that far for instance see [1] ("Projects MUST notify the Board…")
and [2] ("Deviations from this policy may have an adverse effect …”) and [3]
("Every ASF release MUST comply with ASF licensing policy.”) As someone said in
another thread a disclaimer doesn’t void legal rights or compliance.

The words "authorized business decision” were chosen very carefully again see
[2]

> Whether the incubator needs to have a secondary vote is not required by the
> above.

Currently it requires that 3 IPMC members vote on it  [4], most podlings can’t
get 3 +1 IPMC votes on their list. Current incubator policy goes a little
further [5]

>  IPMC members could drop in on the podling vote thread.

IMO Currently the IPMC doesn’t  have the bandwidth to do that, release
candidates sometime struggle to get votes, having to vote on 2-5x as many RC is
 unlikely to be possible.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#administration