> On Jul 3, 2019, at 1:01 AM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Jim said "Let's also recall that the origin genesis of the Incubator was NOT
>> to provide legal oversight, but rather education and guidance into The
>> Apache Way”
>
> If you look at the history threads I posted the other day one was about
> “legal oversight” way back in 2004.

There is history behind the Incubator from before 2004... Consider that the
Incubator itself was created in late 2002 with:

"""
 charged with
 accepting new products into the Foundation, providing guidance
 and support to help each new product engender their own
 collaborative community, educating new developers in the
 philosophy and guidelines for collaborative development as
 defined by the members of the Foundation, and proposing to the
 board the promotion of such products to independent PMC
 status once their community has reached maturity.
"""

I am NOT discounting the importance of legal oversight. Far from it. Our legal
protection is semi-worthless unless we take it seriously and ensure the correct
checks. My position is rather that, IMO, most of the issues that podlings face,
and even graduated TLPs, are not issues related to the legal matters but in
understanding, groking and embracing The Apache Way, which was kind of the
point at the very beginning.

If you consistently dilute a vaccine, after awhile, it will become useless.