On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 9:59 AM Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This should be documented clearly under expectations from IPMC members. If
> there is a period of inactivity after which IPMC members will be removed,
> then people should know this up front.

Only the Board can remove members from a PMC, and "lack of activity" not
one they typically support. They _have_ supported "we reached out several
times over the course of a year, and got no response" as valid. ... The
consideration for IPMC member removal might be a bit lower for the IPMC
since it is (currently) has a low bar for joining for ASF Members.

As Justin notes elsethread, the random "IPMC person pops up for activity
one week, then goes silent for two years" is a valid and supported pattern.

Cheers,
-g