Hi,

I'm a little confused, and I may be missing some context here. If the work a
part of an ASF project, why do you need to include a copyright statements
anywhere? If the code is not part of the project then we do need to know the
license and copyright owner. While this might be a good place to include it, it
would still also need to go in the LICENSE file, so that a duplication of work
and something that could easily get out of sync.

IMO (and there may be there ways of dealing with this) just get the
contributors to sign ICLAs so there no issue with their contributions and
there’s no issues with the contents of the LICENSE file or indeed licensing.

Kind Regards,
Justin