After thinking about it some more I really believe strongly that our
developers should have an easy time adding more integration tests.  It's
really critical to our project in the longer term.
Manually editing XML files to copy/paste an ASF header in there can not be
part of that experience.  It's simply out of the question.
I don't see the same requirement for other Apache projects that have .avro
or .parquet files as part of their test-suites.  The obvious reason being
that folks are not really opening up these file formats with a text
editor... just like we never do this with .hpl/.hwf files.  So we're just
being punished for having chosen an XML format.

Since we've exhausted all other possibilities I'll start the discussion on
dev to move to a different file format for our metadata.

All the best,
Matt

--
Neo4j Chief Solutions Architect