Cory L Hubert wrote:

>         Why not. A relational/ohject database.   One that may be queried with
> standard SQL and OQL.   It should probably work with the up and coming Sun
> Microsystems JDO spec.

If you are looking for good database engines you can check:

HypersonicSQL: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsql/
ozone: http://www.ozone-db.org

I'm not sure how the current project teams would feel about bringing
them under Apache. I don't even know what the process is to even try and
find out. So that's about all the help I can offer.

/mike