On Wednesday, July 4, 2001, at 05:19 AM, Ian Kallen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> My unsolicited opinion: projects focused on the manipulation and
> purveyance of
> data as XML could/should  belong in the xml.apache.org project while
> implementations  of Java technologies associate with Jakarta.

(BTW this is a general response rather than an opinion about Helma XML-RPC)
i believe that xml.apache.org has a strong emphasis on standards. that
means that "projects focused on the manipulation and purveyance of data as
XML" which are not standards-based will not necessarily find a home there.
  excluding projects from jakarta simply because they are xml-related would
therefore seem to allow otherwise appropriate projects to 'fall through
the cracks' between xml.apache.org and jakarta.apache.org.

for what it's worth...
        what ever happened to the idea that was being floated about
jakarta-xml common projects (or was it 'xml-jakarta-commons')?

- robert