On 7/5/01 7:55 AM, "Pier P. Fumagalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hannes Wallnoefer at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> To put it right upfront, I don't think XML-RPC is a natural fit for
>> xml.apache.org, and I'd prefer to see it at Jakarta. Let me explain.
>
> Even though I see your point, I'd still prefer seeing it over in XML
> alongside with the other technologies doing the same exact thing...
>
> Jakarta has alrady a wide enough spectrum of problems covered (from build
> systems, to ioc frameworks). From what I can see, XML-RPC is based on XML
> (or a subset of it), is used to transmit objects and call methods over HTTP
> (same as SOAP), soooo, since it's an alternative to SOAP, it should go
> alongside with it.
>
> -1 for XML-RPC on Jakarta...

Would anyone else on the Jakarta PMC care to vote?

I think there are 10 Jakarta PMC members can we get a quick
vote. So if anyone else has a -1 than that will put an end
to the proposal, right? We need 8/10 for the 3/4 minimum so
one more -1 and it's a goner.

So, this is for the inclusion the XML-RPC package in Jakarta

[  ]Peter Donald
[-1]Pier Fumagalli
[  ]Ted Husted
[  ]Ceki Gülcü
[  ]Geir Magnusson
[  ]Craig McClanahan
[-1]Sam Ruby
[  ]Dan Savarese
[  ]Jon Stevens
[+1]Jason van Zyl

I would like to try this avenue first as it's what the author wants.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org