You need a search engine for these "little things" maybe off the main
page.  With something catchy under it like "High your software has
already been written for you...find it here".  This would ecourage
useful javadoc comments as well.  So if I type "tree" I should see all
the tree classes in the collections stuff under commons for instance.

Its useless to say "reuse" when "reuse" implies finding it which implies
knowing where to look for it.  You're expecting people to go through
each and every project and say 'humm is there a TreeMap that does
key->value and value->key here ...nope let me search through the rest of
all the projects'...

I here there is a java indexing package on sourceforge that could be
used for this :-D  (j/k)

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com