On 1/22/02 9:02 AM, "Jeff Prickett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As we speak I am trying to restart the calendar effort. I think that I
> have a point to
> make here in this forum. First a lot of these sub-projects are spun off
> from other projects iCalendar originally started in Jetspeed. The same
> is true for Torque and Fulcrum. They started in Turbine.

And they still are in Turbine.  They are "subsections" of Turbine that are
managed by the Turbine community.  We have the same thing in Velocity with
the DVSL and -tools projects.

> One reason calendar died is because, there is no community around it. It
> was just me contributing to jetspeed. One of my first goals as a
> developer with calendar this time is to get more people involved. It is
> not that easy.

I know you are trying to boot this as a top-level project.  Would starting
to get a core community be easier if you went back to Jetspeed and made it a
subproject there (like -torque, -fulcrum, -stratum in Turbine and -dvsl,
-tools in Velocity, and -XXXX in Avalon)

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting