Pier wrote:

> That's why I wouldn't be "that" comfortable with a "Why GPL sucks" page...
> Political propaganda? Looks really like it... And IMO that's not
> what we're
> here to do... We're here to write software...

+1 IMO The licence is there to empower us, its not a "product", its a
by-product of the Way Things Are around here.
It makes it possible for anyone to use, fork, extend and embed our code in
OS, free, shareware or commercial products. If other licences are
incompatible with this then that is an issue for them, it certainly is
seldom a barrier in commercial licences ;), we shouldn't alienate anyone by
setting ourselves up as some kind of authority and making political
statements *except* where the issues impact upon the functioning or
existence of the projects, like the JCP/JSPA issues.

And anyway aren't licence issues beyond the remit of Jakarta?

d.