On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 16:53, Ted Husted wrote:
> Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> > I'm ok with that. Netscape 6 and IE 5.5 are released versions of the latest
> > technologies. If those new technologies support the features we need, then
> > lets require them for those features. It is like the big switch from JDK 1.1
> > to JDK 1.2. :-)
>
> I agree that a more printable site would be a good thing, but I don't
> know if I would classify this as as a feature we desperately *need* --
> if it means forcing people to change browsers just to access the Jakarta
> web site. I would be -1 on a product change that made the main Jakarta
> web site inaccessible with Netscape 4.x.

Why...how long has Netscape 6 been out > 1yr.  I'm curious at which
point one may consider it deprecated.  Is there some compelling reason
for any group not to upgrade to NS6 or Mozilla?

Don't get me wrong... I think Ken has fixed the POI site when the site
refreshes next, but I'm just curious when one may consider that thing
dead and gone and good riddens (the whole 4.x series of NS sucked)

> Of course, what each individual subproject does with their own area is
> up to their own comitters.
>
> -- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
> -- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
> -- Web: http://husted.com/struts
>
> --

http://www.superlinksoftware.com
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - port of Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound