> on 3/21/02 12:57 PM, "Berin Loritsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > In that case, the entire Jakarta site needs to be redesigned.
> > It makes use of embedded tables and <font> elements.  It does
> > not use CSS at all.
>
> Correct.

I don't know much about anakia, but I know more about xhtml and css
than I do about java (sadly so =). I'll volunteer. I will probably
need help with Anakia, though.

IMHO, a website should be accessible using:

- pentium 200
- 800x600X16bit

- IE 4+
- NS 5+
- Opera 5+
- other standards compliant (or almost) browsers like konqueror

And I mean totally viewable and printable. This is possible while also
being xhtml 1.0 and CSS 1 compliant.

While I'm at it, will I offend anyone if I change some stuff (like the
blue in the subprojects bit on the front page =)? If not, send in a few
feature requests if you want to. Stressing "a few".

> >  We also have issues with older browsers.
> > Only versions 5.5 and later will support the Print stylesheet.
> >
> > IE 5.5+
> > Netscape 6
> > Mozilla
> >
> > Anything before that, and you can't count on the stylesheet
> > working.
>
> I'm ok with that.

I'm not. There is no reason for advanced graphical stuff on a site about
programming stuff. Requiring JDK1.3, megs of libraries to download, reading
6 books on programming techniques first, etc, I'm okay with that, but lets
avoid browsers wars!

> Netscape 6 and IE 5.5 are released versions of
> the latest
> technologies. If those new technologies support the features we need, then
> lets require them for those features. It is like the big switch
> from JDK 1.1
> to JDK 1.2. :-)

IMHO, Netscape sucks on the UI part. IE doesn't run on *nix...

Anyway, I'll just shut up and do it...I have no time really but I'll try
and finish somewhere next week. You guys okay with that?

grz,

- Leo Simons