On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 20:38, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On 4/30/02 11:31 PM, "John McNally" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I do not know where to locate Turbine's original charter and I think it
> > is a good idea to try to follow it.  Are these published somewhere or
> > should Turbine maintain it in its own documentation?  However the scope
> > of a subproject is likely to grow/evolve over time.  Velocity does
> > provide at least one servlet that allows it to be used to develop a
> > webapp independent of any other framework.
>
> I think that's stretching 'webapp'  I guess tomcat does the same thing as it
> supplies servlets...  :)

Well I would not be bothered if tomcat had developed a build system that
it packaged as an independent entity with the idea that it might be more
generally useful. Tomcat is a large project and they certainly could
have had the itch. And if they promoted it occasionally what's the big
deal.

> > Struts is adding support for
> > Velocity even though one of its primary reasons for being proposed with
> > Turbine already existing was to limit the view to jsp exclusively.
>
> I think you are mistaken - we are building a toolkit to use Velocity as the
> view layer in Struts....  Struts isn't adding any support AFAIK.

Okay, I guess I could argue that developing a taglib (or something more
elaborate) is outside the scope of a project around a template engine.
Except that I am arguing against such strict definition of scope.  And
from what I saw I thought it was pretty cool.

john mcnally